What does OEM mean?
OEM product keys are priced lower than their retail counterparts, but use the same software as retail versions of Windows.Per Microsoft’s EULA regarding OEM, the product key is tied to the PC motherboard which it’s initially installed on, and there is typically no transferring the key between PCs afterwards.
Can I directly upgrade from an older operating system?
No, you cannot. A clean installation is required.
What is a clean installation?
A clean installation means formatting your hard drive before installing Windows, so make sure that you have backed up your files.
Do I receive a download link after the checkout?
Yes, once you have placed your order you will receive your product key and a link with instructions to download Windows.
1. Download Windows media creation tool
2. Run the media creation tool
- Create installation media for another PC
- Select preferred language
- Select Edition: Windows 10 (it includes both, Pro and Home)
- Select architecture (64-bit or 32-bit)
- Select the media you want to create (USB flash drive or ISO file to create a DVD)
3. Perform a clean installation
- Boot from the USB flash drive or the DVD
- Select your language, time, and keyboard preferences
- Enter product key
- Installation type: Custom: Install Windows only (advanced)
- Remove all partitions (this deletes all your data!) and create a new one to install Windows
Windows 10 gives you the best experience for quickly getting things done. Start fast with all your favorite apps and files right at hand. Quickly take action with notifications collected in one place. Stay focused with easy ways to snap apps in place, create new desktops, and organize your screens just the way you want. It’s designed to work with the devices you already own, and lights up the features of new devices like 2-in-1s. Windows 10 is not compatible with Windows Vista.
- Required Processor: 1 GHz processor or faster
- Required Memory: 1 GB RAM for 32-bit; 2 GB for 64-bit
- Required Hard Disk Space: Up to 20 GB available hard disk space
- Required video card: 800 x 600 screen resolution or higher. DirectX 9 graphics processor with WDDM driver
- Required connectivity: Internet access (fees may apply)
- Other System Requirements: Microsoft account required for some features. Watching DVDs requires separate playback software
- Additional system requirements: You must accept the enclosed License Terms, also at microsoft.com/useterms
- System Requirements
- Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster processor or SoC
- RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) for 32-bit or 2 GB for 64-bit
- Hard disk space: 16 GB for 32-bit OS 20 GB for 64-bit OS
- Graphics card: DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver
- Display: 800×600